Friday, March 29, 2013

Marvelous Meatloaf



{Gloria here}...Are you serious? Using "marvelous" and "meatloaf" in the same sentence? I have never been a big fan of meatloaf. Oh, I could eat it but I would never say that I liked it!

Until now!

This meatloaf recipe is awesome. Our entire family loves it and is thrilled when it is on the menu, even the ones that can be "more selective" about their food choices! :)

It's also easy to make! What more can you ask for? So without further ado, the recipe:

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 pounds ground beef or venison
  • 1/2 cup milk (or milk substitute)
  • 1 cup oatmeal
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. onion powder
  • 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp. chili powder

Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
  • In a large mixing bowl, add the milk, beaten egg and spices. Mix well.
  • Add oatmeat and stir until mixed.
  • Add the meat to the mixture and mix well. At this point, I use my well-washed hands to thoroughly mix the ingredients, being sure to get all of the spices from the bottom of the bowl.
  • Using a broiler pan, form the mixture into 2 (or 3) meat-loaves. Bake for one hour at 350 degrees (F).

Ovens can vary, so make sure the meatloaf is thoroughly cooked. It may need extra time, or a higher temperature, depending on your oven. If you wish, you can bake the meatloaf in one "loaf". I use 2 smaller ones so that I know they are well-cooked. (Our oven is less than stellar. :P) I also use the broiler pan so any grease from the meat is drained away and not soaking into the food.


Surprise your family with a new recipe that will have them begging for more! :)







You will find us linked up here.

12 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! My dad loves meatloaf... and so does the rest of the family... so I think this would be a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Abby! Believe it or not, I did NOT like meatloaf until trying this recipe. After my first bite... I was hooked. :D Best. Meatloaf. Ever. :D Give it a try and tell us how you liked it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great lookin' meatloaf! Thanks for sharing it on my Blog Hop!

    ~Jane
    www.makeaheadmealsforbusymoms.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane, and you are very welcome! Thank YOU for hosting the blog hop! :)

      Delete
  4. I'm one of those freaks that could eat meatloaf every day of the week. I adore it! Can't wait to try this version!

    Thanks for linking up to What's Cookin' Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that is so great! Thanks for commenting! I think you'll like it! :)
      Gloria

      Delete
  5. This is SUPER close to my recipe, except I don't use the chili powder. I will have to try that next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? How neat! The chili powder might be that special touch it has been needing! ;) Enjoy!

      Delete
  6. I haven't made meatloaf in ages! Pinned to make soon :-) Thank you for sharing at our ALL MY BLOGGY FRIENDS party !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, hope you like it, too!
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  8. The meatloaf looks sooo good!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality! I can't wait to see what you link up tomorrow evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine! It's really pretty good. ;) Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to comment on our blog! We are delighted to have you here and hope you enjoyed and were inspired by our posts. Have a lovely day!