Friday, May 10, 2013

DIY Recipe Binder Makeover - FREE PRINTABLE!



(Gloria here!) Pinterest and the internet have given us unlimited recipes!  It is so much fun to pin all the yummy looking recipes in hope of getting them to your own table! 

But what to do with all the recipes?  It is hard to leave them on Pinterest or saved on your computer and actually use them.  

The answer... a Recipe Notebook! You might already have one, but what better time to spruce it up with a reorganization and makeover? :D  

Some of my recipes I've had for years! They hold special memories.
This is my grandmother's recipe for Banket, a traditional Dutch pastry... in her own handwriting.
Priceless.

The Benefits:
  • All your favorite and most used recipes all in ONE place.
  • A special safe place for old, family recipes on the original paper.
  • Recipes are organized and easily accessible.
  • Easy to add new recipes or change out the unwanted recipes.
  • Safe from moisture or sticky fingers!
  • Plus, it just plain PRETTY!
You will need:
  • Notebook or binder, preferably 3 ring.
  • Clear page protectors.
  • Our cute printable tabs
  • Clear packing tape
  • Your recipes
Place the recipes in the page protectors.  You can type in your own categories before you print out the tabs if you want or use the preprinted tabs. 

I used the clear packing tape to put the tabs on the page protectors.  You could also tape them on cardstock, hole punch and make those the dividers.  

If you have a pretty notebook, just add the recipes and dividers and you're done!  

Some notebooks have the space to slide in a pretty scrapbooking paper or picture... or plain notebooks could be decorated with washi tape.  

But I had a boring black binder so I covered mine with fabric.  I used the self-adhesive laminating sheets found at the office supply store.  I wanted it waterproof so I can wipe it off when it gets sticky. 

I laid out the fabric and cut around the notebook.  Be sure to close the notebook before you cut the final side as it takes more fabric to close it then when it is open.  Carefully cover with the laminating sheets and tape down on the inside.  

I have been using a notebook for many years and it was so nice to freshen it up with new page protectors and throw out old unwanted recipes!  Now I can't wait to print some more recipes and get cooking!!



Here are the pretty free printable tabs for you to use. I printed mine at a 5" x 7" picture so I could use five tabs down the recipe binder edge.  Make them any size you want by choosing the picture size when printing.  

Have fun!!







Enjoy!

  You will find us linked up at some of these fine sites.

17 comments:

  1. Your binder looks great. I bought a pretty notebook months ago that was made for organizing recipes but haven't been able to find the time to do it. Your post has inspired me - I am moving this project up on my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We're glad to have been an inspiration! :)

      Delete
  2. Nice recipe binder...very well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn! I love the way it came out. :)

      Delete
  3. Love those page tags! Great colours. Popping over to say G'day from And Sew We Craft and The Crafty Mummy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I borrowed the soft colors from some of the palettes I've pinned on Pinterest. ;) The bright ones I threw together myself! :D

      Delete
  4. Super cute idea!! Thank you for participating at SHOW-licious Craft Showcase!!

    Marti
    http://sew-licious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU, Marti, for coming by to comment! :D And thanks for hosting the showcase! So much fun! :)

      Delete
  5. I have similar binders but I need to add so many more pages. I love the tabs you've made!! Thanks so much for sharing at Give Me The Goods!
    Jamie @ somuchbetterwithage.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I have been needing to organize this for a long time and it felt good to get it done for the post. The tabs make it pretty, enjoy them. :)
      Gloria

      Delete
  6. I love DIY projects like this, your binder looks great. Thank you so much for sharing this tutorial with Saturday Spotlight. Hope to see you at this weeks party!

    April
    Angels Homestead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the way it turned out as purple is one of my favorite colors! Sorry we didn't make the party, we were out of town. But we will be there next time!
      Gloria

      Delete
  7. Congratulations! You've been featured at SHOW-Licious Craft Showcase this week!! Thank you so much for participating!

    Stop by and grab a button! :)

    http://sew-licious.blogspot.com/2013/05/saturday-show-licious-craft-showcase.html

    Marti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Thanks for featuring us! We got the button proudly displayed on the side. :)
      Gloria

      Delete
  8. Love the binder and thank you for sharing the printables at our All My Bloggy Friends Party !

    Linda
    With A Blast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome for sharing. We will be there next week, you have a great party, there! :)
      Gloria

      Delete
  9. Great idea i cant wait to organize my own family recipes thank you

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to comment on our blog! We are delighted to have you here and hope you enjoyed and were inspired by our posts. Have a lovely day!