Super-Easy, DIY, No-Sew CurtainsGloria here. Spring is on it's way and it's no better time to redecorate! Goes hand in hand with spring cleaning, right?:)
But how to redecorate on a budget, without breaking the bank? Answer: No-Sew Curtains!
Not only are they inexpensive (dare I say CHEAP?) they are also fast, easy and can be so cute!!
This is the place to let your imagination soar.
- Fabric, lace, burlap, or whatever suits your style. ;)
- Something to tie it up, like ribbon, lace, coordinating piece of fabric, string, hemp, whatever you come up with.
How to make the curtains:
- Measure the length of the curtain rod that you are using. You will need a piece of fabric, or lace this length at least. You could make it longer and have a gathered look to the curtain.
- The width is up to you. I used a regular 44 inch wide piece of fabric because that is what I had and it fit the size of the window. You could use less for a smaller window or even wider for a very large window.
- Lay the fabric over the rod so the long ends are even. Determine how many "swags" you want in your curtain. Gently gather up the fabric and wrap the "ribbon" around the gathered fabric and rod. (You may want help here.) Eyeball it to see if it is the right depth, not to tight to the rod, not to loose. Just do what looks good to you!
- Do this as many times as you want. And, you're done!
You could buy fabric if you don't have a stash to plunder. One of my favorite places to buy fabric is online at fabric.com. Be sure to sign up for their emails so you get the latest on sales and coupons.
|(Julia here, popping in to say that I used this technique when designing the curtains for my bedroom makeover! And I LOOOVE the result. I just took this simple step further by adding two long panels underneath the no-sew swag curtains! This fabric was ordered from Fabric.com.)|
You could even use... sheets! This would be fun if you are trying to decorate a bedroom. Pick up a flat sheet from a thrift store or find one on sale, then trim to size.
Lace would make a gorgeous curtain, burlap is also trendy and just about anything will do!
I admit that I didn't even iron the fabric or finish off the ends because I was going for the country look.
Let us know if you make some No-Sew Curtains. We would love to see what you create!
Linked up at here and Raising Homemakers, Women Living Well and A Wise Woman Builds Her Home, Our Simple FarmYou will find us linked up at some of these fine sites.