Julia here! Good morning! ;) We all know that a healthy breakfast is the best way to start your day! It revs up your metabolism and gives you the fuel you need to kick off your morning. This granola recipe is a wholesome and delicious option that's easy to make ahead of time so you can grab 'n go!
My favorite way to eat this granola is layered in a parfait with yogurt and fresh fruit, but it's a great snack all by itself, packed with flavor and fiber.
And guess what? Making it is EASY! Intrigued? Read on...
- 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 4 cups oatmeal
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Nuts~ I use 1/2 to 1 cup of chopped pecans, and 1/2 to 1 cup of sliced almonds
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 to 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup craisins (sweetened dried cranberries)
Other options you could toss in: coconut flakes, other nuts, other dried fruits, or chocolate chips. If you want to go decadent, add some white chocolate chips or peanut-butter-chips! Note: you'll want to add the chocolate chips after baking. :)
You know, I've always wanted to try this with dried mango and pineapple. Let me know how that works if you end up trying that out! :D
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F)
- Mix dry ingredients, oatmeal, nuts, dried fruit, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt butter in small saucepan. Add the honey and mix well. Bring the honey/butter mixure to a boil and boil for one minute. Add the vanilla.
- Pour honey/butter over dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly coated. Spread onto a jelly roll pan or cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 at 400 degrees (F). Stir/scoop around/flip the granola and bake for an additional 5-6 minutes until golden brown.
- Store in a closed container.
|Want to know where Gloria got the sweet spoon? Check this shop out to find the cutest stamped flatware EVER! Stop by Aly's blog to let her know if you like it.|
You will find us linked to some of these fine sites.